- A pay-as-you-go function as a service (FaaS) to run your code with zero server management.
- There is no need to provision, manage, or upgrade servers.
- Cloud Functions can be written using:
- Automatically scales based on load without thinking about the infrastructure.
- Built-in security at role and per function level based on the least privilege principle.
- Allows you to trigger your code from Google Cloud, Firebase, and Google Assistant or call it directly from any web, mobile, or backend application via HTTP.
- To act on events, you shall define a trigger. Binding a function to a trigger enables you to act on events. The most common triggers are:
- Google Cloud Storage
- Supported HTTP request types like: POST, PUT, GET, DELETE, and OPTIONS.
- Cloud Functions is priced according to:
- how long your function runs
- how many times it is invoked
- how many resources you provision for the function