- Enables you to establish a private connection between your on-premises data center or corporate network to your Azure cloud infrastructure.
- More secure, reliable, and faster than conventional VPN connections.
- Supports dynamic routing between your network and Microsoft via Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). The connection is redundant in every peering location for higher reliability.
- ExpressRoute connections enable access to Microsoft Azure services and Microsoft Office 365 services from your on-premises network.
- Provides connectivity to all regions within a geopolitical region.
- To extend connectivity across geopolitical boundaries, you can enable ExpressRoute Premium.
- ExpressRoute Global Reach allows you to exchange data across your on-premises environments by connecting it to your ExpressRoute circuits.
- ExpressRoute Direct provides dual 100Gbps connectivity that supports Active/Active scale connectivity.
- Supported bandwidth options up to 10 Gbps.
- ExpressRoute premium add-on (for ExpressRoute circuit) provides the following capabilities:
- Increased route limits from 4,000 routes to 10,000 routes for Azure public and private peering.
- Global access to services across any other region.
- Increase the number of VNet links (from 10 to a larger limit) on every ExpressRoute circuit.
- Transferring large data sets.
- Developing and using applications that use real-time data feeds.
- Building hybrid environments that satisfy regulatory requirements mandating the use of private connectivity.
- Billing Models:
- Unlimited data – all inbound and outbound data transfer is free.
- Metered data – all inbound data transfer is free but outbound data transfer is billed per GB. The rate of data transfer varies by region.
- ExpressRoute billing begins when a service key is issued to the customer.
- If the service is active for the entire month, you will be billed for the monthly fee regardless of your usage. However, if you cancelled the service during the month, then you are charged for the hours used.
Question Type: Hotspot
For each of the following items, choose Yes if the statement is true or choose No if the statement is false. Take note that each correct item is worth one point.