- Monitoring tool for your Azure resources and applications.
- A service to display the metrics of your resources. You can also configure alerts that send notifications when a threshold is breached.
- Metrics represents a time-ordered set of data points that are published to Azure Monitor.
- The metrics collected are stored for a maximum of 93 days.
- Share your dashboards with other users using Azure Dashboards.
- The data is stored as a set of records in either the Log Analytics or Application Insights.
- You may use log analytics to collect and store the data from various log sources and use a custom query language to query them.
- Application Insights helps you detect and diagnose issues across applications and dependencies.
- When important conditions are found in your monitoring data, you can create an alert rule to identify and address issues.
- You can export basic usage metrics from your CDN endpoint with diagnostic logs.
- All log data obtained by Azure Monitor shall be stored in a Log Analytics workspace
- Query simple to advanced logs.
- The data is retrieved from a workspace using a log query written using Kusto Query Language (KQL).
- If the query includes workspaces in 20 or more regions, your query will be blocked from running.
- Log Analytics results are limited to a maximum of 10,000 records.
- With a log analytics agent, you can collect logs and performance data from virtual or physical devices outside Azure.
- Log analytics agent cannot send data to Azure Monitor Metrics, Azure Storage, or Azure Event Hubs.
- Enables you to monitor custom events and metrics.
- Monitor diagnostic trace logs from your application.
- You pay for the ingestion and retention of data in Log Analytics (per GB/month).
- You are billed for the number of metrics you have per month.
- There are no charges for health criteria alerts.
What is Azure Monitor?
Want to learn more about Azure? Watch the official Microsoft Azure YouTube channel’s video series called Azure Tips and Tricks.