Azure Application Gateway Cheat Sheet
- A web traffic load balancer.
- It allows you to distribute incoming traffic based on HTTP request properties such as URL and host headers.
- Application gateway has four tiers: Standard, Standard V2, WAF, and WAF v2
- You can use the same application gateway for up to 100+ websites with multi-site hosting.
- Set the minimum and maximum scale units based on your needs.
- Azure Application Gateway vs Azure Load Balancer
- An application gateway operates at layer 7.
- A load balancer functions at layer 4.
- You can use both public and private IP on the frontend.
- Secure your data with end-to-end SSL.
- Route traffic based on URL path or host header-based.
- Protect your applications from common web vulnerabilities using WAF.
- Scales automatically based on your web application traffic load.
- With gateway-managed cookies, you can direct subsequent traffic from a user session to the same server.
- You are charged per instance, per GB, and per gateway-hour.
- You are also charged with capacity units (computed hourly or partial hourly).
Azure Load Balancer vs App Gateway vs Traffic Manager:
Azure Application Gateway Cheat Sheet Resources: