- A collection of AWS resources that are all in the same AWS region, and that match criteria provided in a query.
- Resource groups make it easier to manage and automate tasks on large numbers of resources at one time.
- Two types of queries on which you can build a group:
- AWS CloudFormation stack-based
- Tags are words or phrases that act as metadata for identifying and organizing your AWS resources. The tag limit varies with the resource, but most can have up to 50 tags.
- You can sort and filter the results of your tag search to find the tags and resources that you need to work with.