Azure Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Accelerates the migration of your data to Azure.
- Enables seamless migrations from multiple database sources.
- To perform an online migration, you need to create an instance based on the premium pricing tier.
- Migrates your database and server objects with minimal downtime.
- Supports Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Oracle migration to Azure from on-premises and other cloud providers.
- You can use DMS for both operational database and data warehouse migrations.
- Automate the migration of data with Azure PowerShell.
- Use Azure Migrate to discover your on-premises data estate and assess migration readiness.
- You can create up to 2 DMS services per subscription.
- Offline migrations of the DMS Standard tier are free to use.
- DMS premium tier is billed at an hourly rate based on the provisioned compute capacity.
Want to learn more about Azure? Watch the official Microsoft Azure YouTube channel’s video series called Azure Tips and Tricks.