Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Cloud Pub/Sub is a fully-managed real-time messaging service for event driven systems that allows you to send and receive messages between independent applications.
- Capable of global message routing to simplify multi-region systems.
- Synchronous, cross-zone message replication and per-message receipt tracking ensure at-least-once delivery at any scale. Pub/Sub delivers each message at least once, so the Pub/Sub service might redeliver messages.
- You can declare independent quota and billing for publishers and subscribers.
- Cloud Pub/Sub doesn’t have shards or partitions. You just need to set your quota, publish, and consume.
- It is a named resource to which publishers send messages.
- Is a named resource representing the stream of messages from a specific topic, to be sent to the subscribing application.
- The combination of data and attributes that a publisher sends to a topic and is eventually sent to subscribers.
- Message attribute
- A key-value pair that a publisher can define for a message.
- A publisher application creates and sends messages to a topic.
- Subscriber applications then create a subscription to a topic to receive messages from the topic.
- Communication can be
- Pub/Sub pricing is calculated based upon monthly data volumes:
- Message ingestion and delivery
- Snapshots and retained acknowledged messages
- The first 10 GB of data per month is offered free of charge.